Let Clad in Be Your Destination for Travelwear!
Posted on December 23 2016
Whether by train, plane or automobile, traveling can be both exciting and demanding. It can be exhilarating to see a new city, visit friends or family or even establish a new business relationship. But modern travel definitely has its challenges: cramped quarters, transportation delays and baggage restrictions to name only a few.
Clad in can play a role in smoothing out travels rough spots, whether you are going first class or on a modest budget. Our list of packing “must-haves” can definitely help you travel comfortably and in style and make your journey a generally more pleasurable experience. The list of essentials will vary slightly for warm weather or cool weather travel – but if you begin with the list below you will have an excellent start…..
Our core list of versatile must-haves:
- Scarves: Depending on length of stay, one or more soft, generously sized scarves will be invaluable! Not only to change the look of the limited wardrobe pieces you’ve packed, but to serve, as need dictates, as a shawl, blanket , sarong or hat in cool or breezy weather. Or choose one of Rainey Days Convertible Shawls that also transform into a jacket!
- Easy Fit tunic top: Whether in linen or microfiber, this type of piece can be layered in numerous ways! Throw it on as a bathing suit cover up, or layer over leggings or capris for daytime touring. This piece also looks great layered over skirts, pants, other dresses – use your imagination! Spirithouse's A Tank Tunic or the slightly more structured Porto Minuet are excellent choices….
- Multifunctional cardigan: Depending on your destination, this could be a microfiber topper that doubles as a raincoat or a light cardigan for air conditioned indoor spaces or cool nights in warmer climbs. Try Sun Kim's Brooklyn Jacket for a worldly, sophisticated look
- Chic comfortable shoes: We carry numerous footwear lines that fill this bill! Fly, Gentle Souls by Kenneth Cole, The Flexx, Bernie Mev, Pikolinos, Naot and of course Orthaheel. Whether touring city streets or strolling a sunlit beach, we have shoes that will get you where you are going in sure-footed style.
- Microfiber and Mesh: Clothing in these two fabrications work for almost any climate! We have a fabulous assortment of pieces that are versatile, lightweight, breathable and easy care from Blanque, Porto, Spirithouse, Elemente Clemente, and Planet. Or choose from Babette’s signature permanently pleated collection; these items pack incredibly well and no need to worry about wrinkling! Start with a sleeveless microfiber dress that can be dressed up or down, a three-quarter sleeve mesh top for layering and a flattering pair of pants, then add pieces each season to flesh out your wardrobe.
- Fun Jewelry: Leave your fine jewelry at home! Bring whimsical, funky pieces that will give a boost to your basics. Annemieke Broenink, Secret Sky and Escape from Paris all fall into this category of jewelry that adds an unexpected pop.
A final bit of advice comes via Jane Roderick of Clad in Stonington: choose a color scheme - It's essential! If you want to keep your bags light, choose a basic color scheme around which to work your wardrobe magic. The days are long gone that dictated the base color be black! Either brown, blue (like Babette's azurite or Porto's midnight ), or even a taupey neutral color with a name like porcini, mud, or cement will provide a perfect day-to-night base on which you can create some beautiful and interesting outfits.
-Julia Trogani, Ecommerce and Social Media Manager, Clad in